The Discipline of Computer Applications was started in the year 2006.The Discipline is bestowed with an experienced team of faculty members with excellent academic records and proficiency. Excellent infrastructure, state-of-the-art computers with the latest advances in technology and comprehensive study material make the Discipline a class apart. The Discipline helps in providing the I.T. and the computer industry with world-class talent and creating the finest software professionals year after year. By providing concept-oriented subject knowledge through a high quality teaching that is supplemented with practical training, the discipline aims to nurture the brightest minds in the world of computers and technology.
The success of the discipline is attributed to its motivating and inspiring faculty who handle subjects like Artificial Intelligence, Software Quality Management, Computer Networks, Mobile Computing, Database Management system, Database Administration, Data Structure, Object Oriented Programming, Software Engineering, Web Technologies and many more. The students gain high quality learning in several subjects.
- Laboratories of the Discipline are fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment.
- The Discipline has Hi-Tech class rooms.
- The Discipline has a library stacked with text books, reference books, student project reports, conference proceedings, faculty development program the materials etc.The Faculty and the students of the Discipline have got access to the department library.
- Opportunities for students to participate in various technical and non-technical forums.
- Opportunities for students to take up industry based projects.
- Opportunities for students to take up Employability Enhancement Program(EEP).
- Opportunities for faculties to take up Faculty Development Programs(FDP).
- High Placement Opportunities in well-established organizations and MNCs.
The Discipline encourages students to participate in Curricular, Co-curricular, Extra-Curricular and Sports activities. Scholarship is awarded to meritorious students and students who participate in extra curricular activities, in order to motivate and help them in the overall development.
Tobe a technically advanced department on par with international standards through continuous improvement. To provide value, need based and quality education to upgrade the talents of students. Dissolution of boundaries between subject areas and innovative practices.
To provide quality education and training in software technology to prepare the students for equipping them to contribute technically to the software industry. The department pursues in every area to provide training to develop professionalism among the students and set path to leadership.