The Department of Chemical Engineering has been established in the year 2017 with an intake of 60 students. Being among the Top 3 Industries in the World, Chemical Engineering serves Petroleum Refineries, Petrochemicals, Agro Chemical – Fertilizers and Pesticides, Pharmaceuticals, Dyes and Dyes Stuff, Mineral based Chemicals, Defense, Energy, Chloro Alkali, Fermentation Products, Allied Sectors such as Sugar, Paper, Cement, Paint, Food, etc. Scope for a Chemical Engineer is enormous since Chemical Engineer combines knowledge in Chemistry with Engineering. Chemical Engineer involves in varies stages of production process from design, erection to delivery.
Keeping in mind the wide of variety of opportunities available and every student is unique so has their own area of interest, we have designed the course in such a way every Chemical Engineer will be groomed in Nandha Engineering College in their own area of interest. We have leveraged the autonomy to bring out Expert in every Chemical Engineer. Study materials and labs are designed to nurture the uniqueness in every Engineer than to nurture the standard skills.
Our mainstay is our faculty. We have faculty who are well experienced in Industry as well as academics, a unique combination. They bring out the best of the dynamics in the industry and deliver it in a way that best suit our students. Faculty undergoes training at industry regularly and follows it up with regular interaction with industry stalwarts. Regular Industry Interaction helps in understanding the current and future requirements of the companies. Thereby, our syllabus is designed to meet the industry requirements. Our labs are boosted with advanced simulation software such as ChemCAD, AspenPlus, etc. providing platform for engineers in research and development.
With this good start, we aspire to launch Post Graduation, Research Programs and Consulting Services in due course of time to enrich the knowledge base of our department there by helping students to get benefited.
To produce globally Competent Chemical Engineers with societal consciousness
- To develop skilled and employable graduates to meet the challenges in emerging fields of Engineering and Technology
- To prepare the students for prosperous career in Engineering / Entrepreneurship by inculcating the leadership qualities with professional and ethical responsibilities for the benefit of the society.
- To encourage Research and Development in the emerging areas
- To enable our graduates to excel in their field by keeping abreast of latest technologies.
- To equip the graduates with unique leadership and interpersonal skills.
- To empower the graduates to be able to explore innovative solutions to real life
- To enable them to pursue higher studies and explore new path in teaching and research.
- To ensure that our graduates deliver their task with ethical dimension and contribute to societal growth.
- Accomplish the contemporary needs of Chemical and related industries.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary research using relevant Chemical Engineering tools.
- Acquire a working knowledge in professional courses and also frontier area of Chemical Engineering.
- Apply and develop relevant innovative projects to optimize Chemical process
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.