HIGHLIGHTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Dr.E. K. Mohanraj, Dean, Mrs. K. Selvi, Mr. K. C. Denesh, Mr. K. L. Ravisankar & Mrs. P. Karthika, APs has submitted Two AICTE – AQIS Proposals STTP in the entitled on “Rudiments of Construction Materials, Technology, and Management in a Challenging World” for an amount of Rs. 4, 93,000/- and “Modernization and Removal of Obsolescence of Material Testing Laboratory” for an amount of Rs.18, 32,202 on 30th Dec 2019.
- K.Selvi, Ms. R. Pradheepa and Mr. S. K. Gowtham, APs along with 14 Nos. of II and III year students has attended a One Day ICI Workshop on “Structural Design of Building System” @ Indian Institute of Technology, Madras on 28/12/2019.
- E. K. Mohanraj, Dean received the “Appreciation Certificate and Brand Ambassador” for Nandha Engineering College by SWAYAM-NPTEL Local Chapter for July 2019 – December 2019.
- S. K. Gowtham, AP along with 6 Nos. of II, III UG and I Year PG Students has actively participated in Yogalayam @ Palakarai on 24/12/2019.
- E. K. Mohanraj Dean, Mr. S. K. Gowtham and Ms. R. Pradheepa, APs, have submitted Two Project Proposal for Erode GH Roundana to The Superintendent of Police, Erode on 23/12/2019.
- Two Days Workshop on “Higher Surveying and Total Station” for III Year students by Er. T. Venkatesh Surveyor, V.S. Institute of Technology, Coimbatore from 12/12/2019 to 13/12/2019.
- Our department has received “Appreciation Certificate for Significant Contribution in JAL SHAKTHI ABHIYAN” from AICTE, New Delhi on 03/12/2019.
- G. Amirthagadeshwaran, AP, selected for presentation on “Double Handed Brick Lifter” to Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Chennai on 05.12.19.
- 46 Nos. of II and III Year students has attended Effective Communication thro’ Fast Track Course from 02.12.19 to 07.12.19.
- Our Department organized an ”One Day International Seminar on “Recent Trends in Electro Chemical Applications” by Dr. Koguarasu Sakthivel, Post-Doctoral Research Faculty, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan on 29/11/2019.
- P. Karthika, Assistant Professor, Successfully Completed the NPTEL Exam with Elite + Gold Certificate, Dr. E. K. Mohanraj, Dean acquire Elite + Silver Certificate and Mrs. R. Amutha, Assistant Professor received Elite Certificate in SWAYAM – NPTEL Online Course on 28/11/2019.
- G. Amirthagadeshwaran, AP has submitted One Project Proposal namely “Double Handed Brick Lifter” for an amount of Rs. 15 Lakhs to Business Incubator Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) on 28/11/2019.
- E. K. Mohanraj, Dean has participated in “PALS Education Excellence Summit-19” at Sona College of Technology, Salem on 16/11/2019.
- 3 Nos. of Innovative Projects done by our students are exhibited in “Innovation Day ’19 at Tirupur on 16/11/2019.
- Our Alumni P. D. Tharani Kumar (2010-14 Batch Alumni) is working as a Project Engineer, AL Ghurair Construction LLC, DUBAI has interacted his Site Experience with our first year students on 01/11/2019.
- Karthi and M. Muthumurugesh, III Year students selected for 10 Days Internship using Total Station at Tiruvannamalai by V.S. Surveying Institute, Coimbatore.
- 12 Nos. of our Final Year students went to attend off campus drive @ KiSCOL TMT Bars, Coimbatore.
- E. K. Mohanraj, Dean has attended 40thAnnual General Meeting of India Chapter of ACI @ Mumbai.
- S. K. Gowtham along with 10 Nos. of II and III Year Students has attended PALS Programme in the title “How to Land Your Dream Job” @ Shri Sakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
- 15 Nos. of II and III Year students have attended PALS Programme – Deep Drive talk on Entrepreneurship Opportunities, Challenges and Investments in Deep Tech by Mr. Nanu Swamy, Founder of Aurora Research labs, Berkeley CA.
- In the Continuation of PALS Programme Mrs. K. Selvi, AP along with V. Praveen II Year PG Student has visited IIT-M Research Park at Chennai.
- K. L. Ravisankar, Assistant Professor Successfully Completed the NPTEL Exam with Elite + Silver Certificate.
- K. Selvi, Mr. S. Gnana Venkatesh, Mr. M. Yeswanth and Mrs. S. Tharanya APs, Successfully Completed the NPTEL Exam with Elite Certificate.
- S. K. Gowtham, AP along with 3 Nos. of III year students has involved in One Day “Industrial Training” to RVS Land Surveyors, Coimbatore.
- Workshop on “Opportunities in Civil Engineering” for III year students were conducted by Er. Janarthanan, from Brave Life Academy, Erode.
- 53 Nos. of III year students has attended One Credit course on “Elevation Rendering and Walkthrough by using Architectural Software” by R. Udayasankar, Thirumoorthi Contractors, Bhavani.
- E. K. Mohanraj, Mrs. P. Karthika and Mr. K. C. Denesh have successfully applied “AICTE MODROB” Proposal for an amount of Rs.18.32 Lakhs.
- K. Selvi, Mr. S.K. Gowtham and Mr. G. Amirthagadeshwaran, Assistant Professors has presented the paper in the title “Pervious Concrete & Eco-Conscious Bricks” in AICTE and SERB Sponsored International Conference on “Smart Applications for Environment Quality Assessment and Prompting Health Care Systems using Internet of Things (ICSAIOT-2019)” @ K.S. Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode.
- 2 Nos. of Innovative Projects are exhibited in the National Science & Technology Fair 2019 @ CODISSIA organized by MSME Technology Development Centre, Government of India and the same is visited by our Principal and Dr. E. K. Mohanraj, Dean on 30th August 2019.
- 5 Nos. of II and III year students were sent their Essay for “Engineers day – Essay writing Competition” which is conducted by Builders Line and Maha Cement, Chennai.
- “Inauguration of Civil Engineering Association and MoU” Signing by Er. V. Sriraman, CEO & Er. S. G. Ashok Kumar, Executive Director, Prayojana Construction Management Training Institute, Bengaluru on 30th of August 2019.
- Our Alumni Mr.M.Karthi, Design Engineer, M-steel Detailing Services, Bengaluru interacted and shared the Experience about the Civil Engineering Meadows and its Opportunities with our Final year students on 29.06.2019.
- Demonstrations on Civil Engineering Softwares and its Applications by Mr.Omprakash, CADD Centre, Erode at NEC on 26.06.2019.
- Academic seminar on FRC and Applications of DRC for Final year students by Mr.A.R.Krishnaraja, Assistant Professor, Kongu Engineering College (Autonomous), Erode on 24.06.2019.
- Our Department organized a Placement Training Program for Final year students by our internal faculty members from 17.06.2019 to 21.06.2019.
- AICTE Sponsored Short Term Training Programme (STTP) on An Integrated Approach of Engineers towards: Water, Food, Energy & Climate Nexus in a Changing World Organized by our department @ NEC. 75 participants from various colleges were attended this programme.
- An AICTE sponsored STTP( Short term training program)on An Integrated Approach of Engineers towards : Water, Food, Energy, and climate Nexus in a changing world conducted by Civil Engineering Department from 27/05/2019 to 01/06/2019.
- Motivation Session on “Job Opportunities in Civil Engineering” by Mr. Krishna Prasad Nair, Chief Trainer, Aadhi Foundations, Coimbatore on 12.03.2019
- Guest Lecture on “Soil Charactertics & its Properties” by Mr.P.Kulanthaivel, Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai on 12.03.2019
- Practical Workshop on AutoCAD by M Shanmugam, Manager Agastienraj, CADD Engineer CADD Centre, Perundurai on 04.03.2019 to 06.03.2019
- Demo Session on Revit Architecture by K.Sobhana, CADD Engineer,CADD Centre,Perundurai on 01.03.2019 to 02.03.2019
- Academic Seminar on Advancement in Concrete Technology by Dr.M.P.Muthuraj,Associate Professor,CIT,Coimbatore on 21.02.2019
- Academic Seminar on Performance Based Reinforced Concrete Structures by Mr. A.R.Krishnaraju, Assistant Professor, Kongu Engineering College, Erode on 12.02.2019
- CSIR sponsored National Seminar on Waterborne Diseases – Causes and its prevention conducted by Civil Engineering Department. And Valuable speech given by S.T Ramesh, Professor, NIT, Trichy, Dr. N. Raj Kumar, Assistant Engineer, Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board, Erode and Dr. M.Ibrahim Bathusha, Professor, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Civil Engineering Department has received ICI – Ultratech Outstanding Students award for the year of 2018 on 25.12.2018
- An Inauguration of Civil Engineering Association by Er.V.R.Palaniappan, President, Er.Senthilkumar, Secretary, Erode District Civil Engineers Association, Erode on 11.10.2018.
- A Project Review of final year students held on 09.10.2018 by industrial expert Er.M.Yuvaraj, Jeyam Construction and Promoters, Erode.
- A Project Review of final year students held on 08.10.2018 by industrial expert Er.P.Gowshik Prasaanth, Structural Consultants, GS Builders,Tirupur.
- Awareness Session on “Internship & Inplant Training” by Mr.Mohammed, UNIQ Technologies, Coimbatore on 04.10.2018.
- Guest Lecture on “Design of R.C Structures” by Dr.G.S.Thirugnanan, Rt.Principal, IRTT, Erode on 27.09.2018.
- Workshop on “Introduction to Autodesk AutoCAD” by Ms. Geetha, Mr. U Venkatesan, Technical Head, Diagonal CADD Pvt Ltd, Chennai on 17.09.2018 & 19.09.2018.
- Institutional Life Membership in Erode District Civil Engineers Association, Erode on 16.09.2018.
- Session on “ Importance & Significance of GATE Exam” by Hi-Focus Academy, Erode on 15.09.2018.
- Third Year Civil Engineering student went for TWAD Board, Bhavani as Local Visit.
- Session on “Opportunities to do the Real Time Project & Internship” by Mr. Santhosh, Trainer, Winmeen Projects, Erode on 05.09.2018.
- Session on “Life as a Civil Engineer” by Er.K.V Mohanraj, Principal Engineer, Technip F & S,Chennai on 24.08.2018.
- Final Year Civil Engineering students went for Industrial Visit to Effluent Treatment Plant, KPR Mill Ltd Processing Unit, SIPCOT,Perundhurai on 22.08.2018.
- A Project Review of final year students held on 20.08.2018 by Industrial Expert Er.M.Yuvaraj, Jeyam Construction and Promoters, Erode.
- An Inauguration on ICACI Students Chapter by Mr. Satish C. Dhupelia, Director, Prime-Tech Construction Management Services (India) Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai on 07.08.2018.
- A Practical Workshop on STAAD.Pro held on 20.07.2018 & 21.07.2018 by R. Kumaresan, Design Engineer, Archetype Design Services (P) Ltd, Coimbatore.
- An Motivational Session on Finding Yourself held on 17.07.2018 by M. Robert Leo John, Civil Engineer, Tiruchengode.
- A Seminar on Software and their Use held on 09.07.2018 by Mr. Omprakash, Head, CADD Centre, Perundurai.
- An Industrial Seminar on Industry Preparedness held on 05.07.2018 by Dr. M. J. Gopinathan, Ph.D, Mangaing Director, JPG Housing Projects (P) Ltd.
- A National Level Technical Symposium “REICONS 2K18” held on 26.03.2018, invited Er.K.P.Vetriselvan, Geodesign India Private Limited, Coimbatore & Er.V.Mohanraj, Building Doctor, Green Infrastructure as a special guest for the function.
- Workshop on 3D Printing & its Applications in Civil Engineering held on 19.03.2018, by Mr Nihal Aslam, Manager – R&D, Diagonal CADD Pvt Ltd,Chennai.
- A Seminar on “Providing Professional Land Survey Training and Field Based Exposure” by TOSET Land Survey Institute in Suramangalam, Salem on 27.02.2018
- A Seminar on “Fluids & its Applications” by Dr.T.Pradeep, Associate Professor, Kongu Engineering College, Erode on 14.02.2018.
- Foundation of Advanced Education & Research has sanctioned Rs 5000/- for student project proposal on “Effective Utilization of Micro Organisms in Decomposal of Soiled Waste” by Ajith Kumar T, Arun Prakash S, Gopalakrishnan T, Gowthamraja K S- Final Year.
- TNSCST has sanctiones Rs 10000/- for student project proposal on “Previous Concrete” by A Divya, K.S.Gowthamraja, S.Hemalatha, R.B.Jaiyanth – Final Year.
- A Seminar on “ACI & its Importance” by Mrs.Radika Markan,President –Indian Chapter of American Concrete Institute,Mumbai on 15.12.2017.
- K.V. Chandiya & V.Nandhini – PG Student were selected to undertake project in the field of structural engineering at CSIR-SERC,Chennai.
- Motivational Session on Human Abilities for I Year students by Dr.J.Deenathayalan, Principal, Gandhi Arts and Science College, Sathyamangalam on 22.11.17.
- Motivational Speech on leadership Qualities for III & IV Year students by Mr. Krishna Prasad Nair, Chief Trainer, Aadhi Foundations, Coimbatore on 19.09.17 & 20.09.17.
- Intra department meet on Engineers day was conducted for our Civil Engineering students on 14.09.17.
- An Inaugural of Civil Engineering Association by Mr. G. Suresh Kumar, Chief Marketing Officer, Renaatus Procon Pvt Ltd, Erode on 11.09.17.
- A Seminar on awareness about Bank Employment for IV Year students by Mr.Siddharth, IDBI Manager, Erode on 04.09.17.
- Opportunities for Engineers in MSME by Shri.S.SatheshKumar, Deputy Director, MSME, Coimbatore for I Year students at NEC on 17.08.17.
- ISRO Sponsored National Seminar on 4Ps (Predict, Plan, Prepare & Protect) of Flood using RS and GIS conducted by Civil Engineering Department by Dr.Kiran Yarrakula, VIT University, Dr.S.Saravanan, National Institute of Technology, Trichy, Dr.T.Subramani, Anna University, Chennai and Shri.R.Karthigaiselvan, ESRI India Technologies Ltd Chennai on 07.07.17.
- Awareness Programme on Higher Education and Job Opportunities in Abroad by Mr. Syedosama, HR Consultant, Mumbai for IV Year students at NEC on 06.07.17.
- Two days Training Program on Analysis & Design of Structures using STAAD.Pro by Er. M.Udhaya sankar, Trainer, Sathyamangalam for II & III Year students at NEC on 24.03.17 & 25.03.17.
- Our Civil Engineering department organized a National Level Technical Symposium on REICONS ‘17 by Dr. N. Rajkumar, Assistant Engineer, Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board, Erode & Er. M.Munusamy, Practicing Engineer, Saraswathi Associates, Coimbatore on 03.03.17.
- Academic Seminar on “Role of Civil Engineer” by Mr.C.Prasath, B.Arch, Chief Architect, Thaw Designers at NEC for Third Year students on 01.02.17.
- Industrial Seminar Conducted on “Awareness on GATE & its Importance” by Mr. K. Amuthan, GATE Forum, Coimbatore at NEC for Third Year Students on 28.01.17.
- Two Days Practical Workshop conducted on “Surveying & Total Station” by Mr.T. Venkatesh, V.S Institute of Technology, Coimbatore at NEC for 12.Nos of Final Year Students on 27.01.17 & 28.01.17.
- Civil Engineering Association was inaugurated by Dr.M.J.Gopinathan, Managing Director, JPG Housing & Projects Private Ltd, Tirupur on 16.08.16.
- Civil Engineering Association was inaugurated by Dr.M.J.Gopinathan, Managing Director, JPG Housing & Projects Private Ltd, Tirupur on 16.08.16.
- 44 Nos. of Final Year students and 24 Nos. of Second Year students attended Hands-on-training on Real Time Application with ANSYS by Mr.R.Balraj, Technical Director & Mr.K.Muthukumar, Training Supporter from ARRIS CADD Technology, Coimbatore on 10.08.16.
- 34 Nos. of Final Year students attended Hands-on-training using Total Station by Mr. Vasanth Palani, Sr.Technical Specialist from Elcome Technologies (P) Ltd, Chennai on 18.06.16.
- National Conference on Advances in Building and Construction Materials (ABCM’16) by Dr.M.Ibrahim Bathusha, Associate Professor, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore was held on 06.05.16.
- ISRO Sponsored National Seminar on “GIS Solutions for Highway Traffic Management” by Shri. A. Arunachalam, Senior Scientist, Earth Observation Satellite, ISRO – Head Quarters, Bangalore was held on 30.4.16.
- Seminar on Development of Placement Competency Skills by Mr.S.R.Senthilkumar, & Mr. R. Bharanidharan Business Development Manager & Senior CADD Engineer, CADD School Private Ltd, Chennai on 31.03.16.
- National level Technical Symposium “REICON’S 16” was held on 18.03.16.
- Awareness Programme on “Higher Education Across the World” by Mr. Syedosama, Staar United INC, Mumbai, for our Students on 18.02.16.
- Inter department meet conducted for our Civil Engineering Department students on 18.02.16.
- Intra Department Meet conduced for our Civil Engineering Department students on 05.02.16.
- Colloquium on Equip The Engineersby Mr. S. Vinothkumar & Mr.S.Manimaran, Trainers, C2S gave an special lecture to our Final Year Students on 16.10.15.
- Inauguration of Civil Engineering Association by Er. M.Kuppusamy & Er.P.Siabalan, Managing Partner, MP Associates, Erode at NEC on 11.09.15.
- Workshop organized for Final Year Students on Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS in Civil Engineering by Mr.R.Karthick, M.E, Infosys, Mysore & Mr. J. Hezron Philip, ME, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Chennai at NEC on 29.08.15.
- Allocution on “Stimulating Leadership Eminence” by Mr. Krishna Prasad Nair, Chief Trainer, AADHI Foundations, Coimbatore on 19.08.15.
- Elucidation on Higher Studies & Job Opportunities in UK by Mr. M. Myilsamy, Coventry University, London, UK, Dr.S.Ananthi, IELTS Trainer, (British Council) Dr.Thenmozhirajaram, Deputy Area Commander Home Guards, Coimbatore City, Tamilnadu Police for NEC & NCT Final Year Students on 10.07.15.
- Workshop on “ANSYS” by Mr. S. Sampath, Trainer, Think CAD, Perundurai for Final Year students at NEC, Erode on 29.1.15.
- Special Lecture on Self Motivation & Self Realization by Er.A.K.Prasath, (Alumni of PSG Tech, Coimbatore) Self Motivator & Astrologer for Third Year & Final Year students at NEC, Erode.Programme on Livelihood in Abroad by Ms. Mary Jency, Branch Head, Europe Study Centre (P) Ltd on 09.10.14.
- Academic Seminar on Design of RC Elements by Dr.G.S.Thirugnanam, Professor & Head, IRTT, Erode on 18.10.14.
- Department of Civil Engineering, NEC has received the National Level ICI Best Students Chapter Award’2014 from Dr.S.Saraswati, President, ICI on 26.09.14 at Mumbai.
- Department of Civil Engineering, NEC has received State Level ICI(TNCC) –Ultra Tech Award for Outstanding Student Chapter of Tamil Nadu 2014 from Shri.K.Jayasankar, Asst Vice President (Technical Services), Ultra Tech Cement Ltd., on 18.09.14 at Chennai.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Federation of All Civil Engineers Association (FACEAT) Students Chapter delivers a special address by Er. R. Mohanraj, President, FACEAT Members Welfare Trust, Er. N. Gugan, President, EDCEA, Er. RVL. Ravichandran, Chairman, Students Chapter, FACEAT&P, Er. R. Sivalingam, Vice President, FACEAT, Er. S. Baskar Babu, Regional Chairman, Er. M.S. Rajamanickam, Asst. President, FACEAT&P on 25.08.14.
- Academic Seminar on Invigorate – Engineering Mechanics by Dr.R.Kumaravelan, Professor & Head, Vellalar College of Engineering & Technology, Thindal on 23.08.14.
- Academic Seminar on Assessment of Structures using NDT Techniques & Innovative Materials in Construction Industry by Dr. S. K. SEKAR, Dean, School of Mechanical & Building Sciences, VIT University, Vellore on 09.08.14.
- Industrial Seminar on Seismic Design of Buildings by Er. Rahul Raj, B.Tech (IIT-K), Head – Civil Simplified, Sky fi Labs on 07.08.14.
- Workshop on Advanced Surveying Technologies using Total Station and GPS by Er. Hemanth Reddy, CEO, Madhushri Group of Companies, Bangalore on 05.08.14.
- Workshop on “How to do a Research?” by Dr.E.K.Mohanraj, Nandha Engineering College, Erode.on 31.07.14.
- Special Programme on Breaking up of Challenges in GATE by Er. A. Saravana Kumaran, Director, GATE Forum, Coimbatore on 16.07.14.
- Inaugural function cum Guest lecture on Challenges in Coastal and Ocean Engineering by Dr.S.Neelamani, Programme Manager & Senior Research Scientist, Coastal Management Programme, Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research, Kuwait on 09.07.14.
- Dr.E.K.Mohanraj has Participated an interview on ‘Enna Padikalam?’ Live Programme in Sun News Channel, Chennai on 27.06.14.Annual Appraisal Day was conducted in NEC in which Civil Engineering Department had secured FIRST RANK among all other branches and received cash prize on 24.06.14.
Our students won Prizes in National Technical Symposium, Seminars, Workshops conducted by various colleges.
|ACADEMIC RANK HOLDERS ODD SEM 2018-19|
|1||BALA KRISHNA S||9|
|3||SARO SHIRIRAM P||8.63|
|SECOND YEAR – REGULAR|
|1||PRAVEEN KUMAR V||9.41|
|SECOND YEAR – LATERAL|
|THIRD YEAR – REGULAR|
|THIRD YEAR – LATERAL|
|FORTH YEAR – REGULAR|
|1||KIRUTHIKA NANDHINI B||10|
|2||RANJITH KUMAR M||9.7|
|FORTH YEAR – LATERAL|
|UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDERS 2011-2015|
|UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDERS 2010-2014|
|2||V.ARIVU THIRAVIDA SELVAN||33|
|UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDERS 2009-2013|