DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2001. It offers a 4 year B.E (Computer Science and Engineering) programme and 2 year M.E. (Computer Science and Engineering) programme. The department has been recognized as a centre for carrying out Ph.D. Programme under Anna University, Chennai. It has dedicated faculty members specialized in different areas of Computer Science and Engineering.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To achieve excellence in Computer Science and Engineering education to meet the ever growing needs of the society.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
Computer Science & Engineering Department is committed
- To ensure quality in major areas of Computer Science and Engineering keeping pace with the latest developments.
- To create the ability in the students to design, develop and test world class software systems.
- To promote life-long learning in core and emerging areas.
- To inculcate strong ethical values and leadership abilities in the minds of students so as to work towards the advancement of the society.
- To transform the graduates as experts in computing profession to satisfy the needs of the core computer technology industry.
- To enable them to pursue higher studies and explore new paths in teaching and research.
- To empower the graduates to be able to offer innovative solutions to real life problems.
- To help the graduates to keep abreast of the latest trends in computer technology and ready for life-long learning process.
- To ensure that the graduates practice professional ethics in the Software Industry and possess the necessary soft skills for working in diverse cultural and interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to understand the principles and working of hardware and software aspects in a computer system
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge in mathematical models, algorithms and software development methodologies
- Ability to develop practical competency in programming languages and open source platforms
- Ability to provide a foundation for higher studies, research and entrepreneurship
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.